About The Curling Club Lugano
On 25 March 1998 the Curling Club Lugano was founded at the Hotel Colorado by hoteliers Learco Bernasconi and Jürg Wernli, following the success of the Swiss national men's Curling team at the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympic Games.
Shortly thereafter, the club began to grow and has now reached a respectable size for the limited amount of ice time that's available to its players. Today, the Lugano Curling Club is home to over 40 curlers from all over the region and also from northern Italy.
About The Tournament
This season we would like to host a big party for our 20th anniversary: an international Curling bonspiel open to 24 teams which will play in 3 groups on 4 sheets. We are planning to have a nice side program as well, more details will be disclosed as soon as possible.Download the Flyer
We are planning to host 24 teams in 3 groups of 8 teams on 4 sheets of ice.
All games will be played over 6 Ends with a maximum time allowance of 74 minutes per game.
All teams will play 4 games.
1st Round - Group A
1st Round - Group B
1st Round - Group C
Music and entertainment - fun times guaranteed!
Begin of first round of play (TBA)
Begin of last Round of play
Saturday 28th April 2018
|08:30-10:00||1st round group A|
|10:00-11:30||1st round group B|
|11:45-13:15||2nd round group A|
|13:15-14:45||1st round group C|
|15:00-16:30||2nd round group B|
|16:30-18:00||2nd round group C|
|-- Overall classification --|
|18:30-20:00||3rd round class. 9.-16. place|
|20:00-23:30||Dinner with entertainment|
Sunday 29th April 2018
|08:00-09:30||3rd round class. 17.-24. place|
|09:30-11:00||3rd round class. 1.-8. place|
|-- Overall classification --|
|11:30-13:00||4th round class. 17.-24. place|
|13:00-14:30||4th round class. 9.-16. place|
|14:45-16:15||4th round class. 1.-8. place|
|17:00 approx||Prizegiving ceremony|
Look here for all the information about our Bonspiel
Our Bonspiel will take place at the "Resega" ice hockey rink which is located in Porza, near Lugano. Check out our map to see where it is. Due to the fact that ice hockey season will not be completely over in april, ice quality may not be "arena like". We'll do our best to prepare it for curling, but this is well beyond our control.
It's very easy to reach Lugano, in the southern part of Switzerland:
- by car, using Highway A2 and exit "Lugano Nord". The facility is just past the tunnel which connects the highway exit to the northern part of Lugano.
- by train, Lugano is well served on the international train network and most if not all trains stop at the city train station. From there it's a 10 minute bus ride to the venue (bus #3 will bring you almost in front of the ice hockey rink)
- by air, travelling to Lugano Airport from either Geneva or Zurich (domestic connecting flights available 4 times a day), or travelling to Milan Malpensa international airport, with direct flights from most european cities. Expect a 15 minute taxi drive from Lugano Airport, and about 1 hour (maybe more in rush hours) from Malpensa. Buses are available.
- Bed & Breakfast "Bed & Bike" - Cadro (chez Patrizia, she curls with us - ONLY 2 rooms available!): http://www.bedandbikelugano.ch/ (~3km)
- Hotel Colorado*** - Lugano-Loreto (chez Learco, he's a founding member of our club) http://www.colorado.ch (~4km)
- Locanda Ombrone - Cadro (chez Donato, he's one of our members): http://www.locandaombrone.ch/ (~3km)
- Locanda del Conventino - Davesco: http://www.locandadelconventino.ch/ (~2km)
- Hotel Walter au Lac*** - Lugano-Centro: http://www.walteraulac.ch/it/13/home.aspx (~4km)
- Hotel City**** - Lugano: http://hotelcitylugano.ch/ (~2km)
Entry fee will be approx. CHF 400 per team, which includes 4 games of curling, 2 meals for saturday and sunday at the restaurant inside the ice hockey rink, plus the anniversary party on saturday evening.
Non-playing guests can buy a ticket, which includes all meals and the saturday evening party, for CHF 100.00.
Please note that only payments in CHF will be possible with us, although throughout Lugano EUR currency is widely accepted.
- All games will be of 6 Ends of play, with a time limit of 74 minutes before which the first stone of the last End has to be in play.
- We have already adopted the new "5 rock rule" Free-guard zone
- Scoring will be Points / Ends / Stones ("Schenkel-System"): a victory awards 2 points, a loss 0 points and a tie 1 point for each team.
RESEGA ice hockey rink
Via Chiosso 8, 6948 Porza / Switzerland
We want to offer all attendants a pleasant ambiance on and (more importantly) off the ice. We are preparing a nice entertainment programme for your enjoyment - stay tuned for more about that in due course.
Registration is now open for all teams whishing to participate in the Bonspiel. Please sign up with a complete team of 4 players.Sign-up Now
|1.||The Jesters / Duns CC||Paul Jess||SCO|
|2.||Team Familie Hürlimann / CC Zug||Patrick Hürlimann||SUI|
|3.||CC Herisau-Waldstatt||Daniel Meuli||SUI|
|4.||CC Dolder Turicum||Amanda Hasler||SUI|
|5.||The New Sierra / CC Sierre||Saskia Bruttin||SUI|
|6.||Squadra Biancoblu Zurigo||Oliver Huber||SUI|
|7.||Dolly Hunters / CC Aarau||Thomas Habegger||SUI|
|8.||Smile Team / GCC Faido||Tiziana Oliboni||SUI|
|9.||Celerina Rüdisühli||Arthur Rüdisühli||SUI|
|10.||Team Draghi Torino||Denis Bertolino||ITA|
|11.||CG Wallisellen||Christian Schaller||SUI|
|12.||Zug LuLüLuFr||Serge Lusser||SUI|
|13.||CC Füssen||Charlie Kapp||GER|
|14.||Les Drôles des Dames / CC Sion||Emilie Potel||SUI|
|15.||Apero Team / CC Chiasso||Athos Terzi||SUI|
|16.||Ascona Sunshine / CC Ascona||Sämi Kräher||SUI|
|17.||CC Cembra 88||Luca Rizzolli||ITA|
|18.||Yellow Stones / CC Ascona||Luca Martinoli||SUI|
|19.||Genève Lully||Chrislain Razafimahefa||SUI|
Have you got any question? Need some clarification? We're here to help you!
Please drop us a line, we'll get back to you ASAP!